- Steve ‘Pedro’ Rodriguez – Milford Haven – 100 mile route (8/5/2012) - Great day. It was a lot more technical than I thought but you can’t get to the good views without climbing. The descents were great and feed stations were well stocked. The Etape du tour holds no fear after this … Continue reading
- Rachel Stevenson – Haverfordwest – 50 mile route (8/5/2012) - Did the 50 mile ride – never done anything like this before so was quite nervous beforehand! Very proud to have completed the course, & the day was just perfect with some stunning views. I was shocked at just how … Continue reading
- Chris Jenkins – 50 mile route (8/5/2012) - Me and the father in law did the 50 mile route and absolutely loved it. The weather was perfect, the views stunning and the organisers really friendly and helpful. The route was a really good combination with very little traffic. … Continue reading
- James Sandquest – Lamphey – 50 mile route (8/5/2012) - 50 Miles! The views, community, and general feel good factor was spectacular! Especially loved the barren landscape at the 906ft climb before Puncheston! Everyone who participatated, is definitely the king or queen of the hills!!
- Craige Goodson – Swindon – 75 mile route (8/5/2012) - Great venue and awesome ride, best sportive i have done! weather great (last year!! OMG) and views were stunning, Preseli hills=Epic, loved the 77 mile route!nice touch through St Davids Cathedral, see you next year again.
- John Hughes – 100 mile route (8/5/2012) - What a fantastic day, the 105 mile route was spectacular.
- Jennifer Trotman – cyclosport.org (1/22/2013) - One of my favourite rides, it’s a must-do event.
- Connie Fisher (1/22/2013) - I really enjoyed the afternoon, cycling is a great way to see the county and the Tour of Pembrokeshire looks like a fantastic event, and it’s for charity too, couldn’t be better.
- Congratulations on a great day (6/13/2013) - Congratulations on a great day. The event was well organised and all comment I have heard have been very positive. Look forward to next year when you have 2k entries. Well done Roy Harries.
- 2014 Tour! (6/13/2013) - I know the 2013 Tour has only just finished but I have to travel nearly 300 miles to compete and need to book overnight accomodation. I’ve so enjoyed the previous two Tours that I want to enter the 2014 event … Continue reading
- Brilliant event (7/17/2013) - Superbly organised event. Chapeau to all the marshals and helpers. Brilliant event!! Keith Evans
- 2013 Tour of Pembrokeshire Sabbath Aspire Recipient Kevin Wheeler Recounts His Tour (9/19/2013) - Download 2014 sponsorship form Project: Tour of Pembrokeshire Distance completed: Approximately 6.8 million inches Previous experience: NIL Bike: Absolutely shiny brand new Sabbath Aspire. Entrant: Male, 51, still optimistically hanging onto the ‘middle-aged’ tag. D-day, H-hour arrived with a strong … Continue reading
- Craige Goodson (10/7/2013) - Almost finished last year, but hit a sheep! Peter puts on a great event and I recommend this as a top sportive must for 2014
- RobertJones1 (11/1/2013) - We enjoyed this event enormously and want to express our thanks particularly to all the marshals who were still ‘on post’ and cheerfully encouraging late in the day. Even the wind, which was in our faces on the way out, … Continue reading
- Edje (11/1/2013) - Brilliant event!
- Stevepedrocymru (11/1/2013) - Great day in the saddle. This was an excellent season opener. I would just like to say to the nay sayers. 1. This time last year it was boiling. 2 years ago in June it was freezing heavy rain with … Continue reading
- Richard Griffiths (11/1/2013) - A great event, the wind was brutal, the climbs and views were fantastic. Food stops were great, particularly the Gwaun Valley sun trap, nobody wanted to leave!
- daen169 (11/1/2013) - This is an exceptional event. A totally different feel to most sportives. A real ‘Tour’ with great spirit from the organisers, volunteers and local populace
- tph3414 (11/1/2013) - I was extremely impressed with the improvements after last years event. The signage was excellent especially with the advance notice on the feed stations. There were far more marshals/ volunteers this year, all of whom couldn’t do enough to help … Continue reading
- Simon66 (11/1/2013) - Felt like I was in the tour. People cheering you along the route and the finish was exceptional with music and Welsh Cawl to finish. You can make a family weekend of it as well. Excellent.
- Bethan Ouseley (11/1/2013) - A truly fantastic event. Can’t wait to do it again next year.
- Sian Richardson (11/1/2013) - Loved the day. Friendly to a non competitive old bag fun rider like myself. Everyone very encouraging. Never saw any support vehicles and I was the last rider to come in, that is the only element I would check out … Continue reading
- Dave Hughes (11/1/2013) - Superb day with a great family feel, stunning scenery and challenges for all. A good sportive is a head-up cycling event making you want to take in the surroundings as well as test your cycling and this weekend certainly achieved … Continue reading
- Stephen Smith (11/1/2013) - My first sportive and I opted for the 105 mile route, very hilly but beautiful scenery, a challenging ride and great day out with friends, will be back next year
- Martin Hallam – Castle Bikes, Caerphilly (1/17/2014) - I’ve stopped doing some of the other big rides because they’re just becoming too commercialised. The Tour of Pembrokeshire is the best sportive I ride because of the value for money, location, scenery. The feed-stations are so enjoyable I didn’t … Continue reading
- Tearfund (7/10/2014) - Just to let you know the Tearfund Cyclist’s raised about £1k (our target amount) for clean water and sanitation projects in Uganda and elsewhere from cycling in the 2014 Tour of Pembs cycle challenge which is a fantastic amount considering … Continue reading
“The Tour of Pembrokeshire has always been an event I’d like to do and I can’t wait to get stuck in this year. It’s in a beautiful part of the world and I’d encourage anybody that’s serious about riding a bike in a breathtaking environment to get themselves there on the day!”
Adam Tranter, Director of Fusion Media Services Ltd
Editor of Cyclosport.org
“The atmosphere and organisation are superb”
“The organisers really care, the welcome at registration was fantastic after the long drive and we had great accommodation and a good night’s sleep”
“Excellent route, really well signed and marshalled”
“The feed-stations were a highlight, we met some great cyclists on the way round and will be back next year”
“It’s the perfect Sportive. I travelled down from Essex with my family, I had a great ride and they really enjoyed their day in Oakwood Park”